Monday, January 16, 2012

Just a Little Bit About Me

Hey guys! My name is Kelly Martin, and I'm a freshman here at JSU. I'm originally from Piedmont, and I am sure only those of you who grew up around here know where that is. I am an Undecided major, which is exciting and making me nervous at the same time! I have always enjoyed going to school, and my favorite things to study are English, Spanish, and history.

I love to read! Some of my favorite books are The Help, A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter (of course!), Of Mice and Men, and Their Eyes Were Watching God. I also love books people have written about their own lives: my favorites being Elie Wiesel's Night, Condoleezza Rice's Extraordinary, Ordinary People, Portia de Rossi's Unbearable Lightness, and Kristin Chenoweth's A Little Bit Wicked. I love to read stories of people who overcome adversity in order to be successful.

In my spare time, I like to spend time with my friends, play volleyball, watch movies, listen to music, travel, participate in campus organizations, and pretty much anything that allows me to socialize. I am excited about this class and of course, being part of something that is breaking the mold! I hope everyone has had a great holiday weekend, and I will see you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment